Effective lighting especially in pitch darkness, foggy conditions or other times of poor visibility is by all means vital. This is to avoid unnecessary accidents that are bound to occur. This is where light bars come in. They are basically bars that contain several light bulbs that may be mounted atop vehicles, buildings and other installations.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN SELECTING A SUITABLE LIGHT BAR
When looking for a suitable light bar, a number of factors ought to be considered. These include the dimensions of the light bars; the intensity of the light produced; the controls/adjustments; the power output; the range of functions/working environments to which the equipment may be put and the toughness/durability of the constituent materials.
8. POWLAB 20-inch 180W LED Work Light Bar
This triple row LED light bar comprises three 180W LED light bulbs; generate LUMILEDS combo beam straight light of 18,000 lumens intensity; is waterproof; is ideal for all off-road conditions; and is accompanied by 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- The pros of this light bar are: highly versatile owing to its compatibility with various vehicles such as Jeeps, trucks, boats, Sporting Utility Vehicles, 4-wheel drives, ATVs and 4-by-4 pick-ups; efficiency in discharging its duties by reason of the existence of nest reflector cup that is designed to consolidate and reflect as much light as possible to minimize the wastage of any light; and the ability to beam light through a very wide angle. This arises out of the fact that it possesses broad reflective plates that adjust and spread out the light beams to the surrounding locations. This ensures maximum ambience lighting.
- On the flipside, it is slightly expensive and hence out of the reach of many a potential user.
7. Rigid Industries 22000 Radiance Backlight Light Bar
Measuring 20.5 inches long by 7 inches wide by 6.2 inches tall and weighing just about 7 pounds (3.18 kg), the Rigid Industries 22000 Radiance Backlight Light Bar comes along with high-grade aluminum alloy housing, black-exposed printed circuit board, forward-projecting optics, large back-lit rigid branding plates, multi-switch wiring harness, 9 LED bulbs of 86 Watts and 6 Amperes power rating. It is capable of generating 5,463 raw lumens and has peak beam intensity of 157,000 candelas.
- Among its pros include: durability i.e. the ability to withstand the common elements of wear and tear occasioned by a stainless steel mounting bracket and high-grade aluminum alloy housing; and the production of very high quality light owing to the high impact polycarbonate lens.
- It is quite expensive though and may not be within the easy reach of many a person who may badly need them.
6. Auxbeam X-series 20-inch 120W LED Light Bar
The Auxbeam X-series 20-inch 120W LED Light Bar feature metal triangle side bracket; measure approximately 560mm (22 inches) by 68mm (2.7 inches) by 78mm (3 inches) without brackets and approximately 615mm (24 inches) by 95mm (3.75 inches) by 78mm (3 inches) with brackets; comprise 40 chips of 3W power rating each; is made of black die cast aluminum; and is certified by both the Certified by Conformité Européenne (CE) and Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
- Several features and specifications combine to enhance the efficacy of this light bar; chief among them include: excellent focus due to it being equipped with an eagle eye projection lens that focuses more light on the desired target which subsequently leads to greater visibility; high degree of adjustability thanks to its low-beam and full-light functionalities which enables users to adjust the intensity and direction of the light produced in order to suit different lighting conditions; relative affordability and hence within the easy reach of many prospective users; and durability by reason of it being shock-proof, dust-resistant, and corrosion- resistant. These guarantee long-term reliability.
- Its limited applicability i.e. being unsuitable for a wide variety of uses means it does not return as much value to the users as should be.
5. Northpole Light 20-inch 126W LED Light Bar
This revolutionary and easy-to-use light bar is enclosed in die cast aluminum casing, measures 506mm by 80mm by 65mm and weighs 5 pounds (2.3 kg). What’s more? Its waterproof rating is IP67; has a lifespan of around 30,000 hours; consumes between 10-30V of electrical energy and has a power rating of 126W. It generates around 6,000K of light beams.
- It is indeed a worthy purchase. This is made possible by a confluence of several top-notch features that make it stand apart from all the competing products. Examples of these top-notch features include: extreme portability by virtue of weighing just about 5 pounds (2.3 kg), a trait that enables it to be carried around as need be; long lifespan of around 30,000 hours – which is long enough to guarantee long-term reliability and higher returns to value; maximum durability owing to its waterproof nature coupled with the die-cast aluminum housing material which subsequently ensures that the elements of wear and tear such as corrosion, dents, and cleavages are kept at bay; and maximum versatility thanks to its suitability for use in Jeeps, trucks, SUVs, and ATVs.
- Its rigidity i.e. the inability to adjust the angle, direction and intensity of the light produced severely curtails its efficacy.
4. MICTUNING MIC-BC2120 120W COMBO Spot-Flood LED Light Bar
Made of durable corrosion-resistant die-casting aluminum housing, toughened glass lens, and 40 pieces of high intensity LEDs each of 3W rating, this light bar operates within the voltage limits of 10-30V and has a lifespan of more than 30,000 hours. It generates 6,000K color temperatures and produces both flood and spot beams.
- The most notable features and benefits of this electronic marvel include: broad applicability in the sense that it is appropriate for use under various weather conditions such as fog, pitch darkness, and rain; superior visibility which is made possible by the existence of 40 pieces 3W high intensity LED bulb that generate 6,000K of pure white light; enhanced heat dissipation which is made possible by its back aluminum fan shape design; waterproof (rating of IP67) and shake-proof features which enhances its functionality in rainy, foggy and other harsh environmental conditions; and maximum compatibility by reason of possession of a universal fitment that is compatible with all off-road vehicles/conditions such as SUVs, UTVs, ATVs and other vehicles that are equipped with 10-30V power source.
- Its inflexible controls i.e. its lack of the ability/functionality to vary the intensity and direction of the light generated means it is not as effective in discharging its functions as need be.
3. TURBO SII Osram 20-22 Inch LED Light Bar
With a weight of 5.3 pounds (2.4 kg) this combo spot flood LED light bar embodies several features which enhance its functionality and the quality of services offered. Such include but not limited to its 120W 12,000 lumens power output; toughened glass and aluminum metal mounting frame; 50,000 hours lifespan; beam and spot light combo pattern; 10-30V direct current operating voltage; and CE and IP67 waterproof certifications, among others. It comes in a compact size of just about 21.3 inches long by 2 inches wide by 3.2 inches tall and is certified by both the CE and IP67 waterproof certifications.
- Among a host of the various advantages and benefits that prospective users stand to derive out of its usage include: ease of carrying due to a portable weight of just about 5.3 pounds (2.4 kg) and compact size measuring around 21.3 inches by 2 inches by 3.2 inches; compatibility with all automobiles and electronic devices that are equipped with 10-30 Volt DC power source e.g. Jeeps, ATVs, SUVs, e.t.c; a long lifespan of 50,000 hours and above which grants the users the peace of mind they need to enjoy the benefits that it confers besides absolving the users from the need to part with a lot of money in repairs and maintenance costs; maximum durability that is made possible by a host of elegant features such as the die cast Aluminum casing; waterproof, dust-proof, and quake-proof traits.
- On the downside, it generates very low quality light as compared to those of competing manufacturers.
2. TMH Dual Row High Power Light Bar
The TMH Dual Row High Power Light Bar measures 50.5cm by 7.3cm by 10.7cm and weighs only 5.1 pounds (2.3 kg). It generates light of 13000 lumens; has an IP rating of IP67 and consumes between 12 – 24V direct current electrical energy.
- Among its prominent pros are: wide applicability in the sense that it is usable in a wide variety of environments/electronic equipment such as buses, trailers, off-road conditions, search and rescue vehicles, camp sites, courtyard lighting e.t.c; is easy to Install courtesy of its universal fitment that comes along with appropriate wiring; excellent lighting owing to its beam combo pattern that ensures that the light generated diverge/spread out as widely as possible for maximum visibility; very durable nature due to the fact that all its key components such as lens, casing, and housing are made of very tough materials such as die cast aluminum, stainless steel and toughened glass, all of which guarantee long-run reliability and minimal wastage of resources due to the lack of constant maintenance requirements.
- It does have inflexible controls though which makes it impossible to adjust the brightness, direction and intensity of light alongside other crucial parameters.
1. Nilight 20-inch LED Light Bar
This waterproof, light weight, easy-to-use, and durable light bar are capable of generating both the spot beam and flood beam lights respectively. It works effectively within the temperature ranges of -40 to 85 degrees and comprises stainless steel brackets, PC lens, and 6063 aluminum profile, as its key components.
- Its most noteworthy pros are: its affordability i.e. it is very cheap and affordable and hence do not exert unnecessary financial burdens to the prospective users; high lighting quality which is made possible by its special combination of spot and flood beam, both of which combine to provide special lighting effect; wide application which stems from its compatibility with several vehicles and automobiles such as boats, Jeeps, ATVs, SUVs, and construction sites; flexible controls since most of its critical components are adjustable to enhance the visibility of the light produced. These include the lens and the mounting brackets; and enhanced heat dissipation mechanism made possible by the high-quality heat conduction silicone gel and re-designed aluminum alloy housing.
- It is quite intricate though, and only technical experts may install it. Novices and those who lack the necessary technical skills may therefore be severely disadvantaged.
It is worth noting that the world of electronics is constantly evolving such that, a fairly sophisticated item today, may in fact be rendered obsolete in a few months time. The long-term reliability of the list above is there not guaranteed. It is therefore incumbent upon the prospective user to conduct thorough due diligence and research to ascertain the accuracy of the information provided above before making a purchase.